Assignment 1: Calculating the Good
Utilitarianism seems simple on the surface. However, this assumption is predicated on the premise that one can calculate the “good” and calculating the good complicates things. According to your readings for this module, utilitarianism is not always as simple as it seems.
Typical “objections” to utilitarianism are the following:
- Whose good is being considered?
- Rule making
- The tyranny of the majority
- Does the end justify the means?
- Pick two of the objections.
- Discuss how these objections make calculating utility or “good” difficult.
- Your response should be approximately 75 words for each objection.
- Use a personal example for each of your objections. Each example may be not more than two sentences long.
- Please make references to your readings from this week to support your opinion. Be sure to accurately cite any references using APA format.
The post Assignment 1: Calculating The Good appeared first on Essay Mine.
Welcome to originalessaywriters.com, our friendly and experienced essay writes are available 24/7 to answer all your questions. We offer high-quality academic essays written from scratch to guarantee top grades to all students. All our papers are 100% plagiarism-free and come with a plagiarism report, upon request
Find a tutor to help you with your papers!