Purpose: The purpose of this project is to apply what you have learned about memory and learning, to assess your own study habits, and develop ways to make your studying more effective. Review the textbook chapters on learning and memory. In addition, consult the following New York Times article:
Carey, B. (2010, September 7). Mind; Forget what you know about good study habits. The New York Times. Retrieved fromhttp://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C05E6DB1431F934A3575AC0A9669D8B63&ref=benedictcarey
This article can be found in the PSY 111 Research Guide
Project Requirements: Include the following sections in your paper.
- Introduction Paragraph
- Body Paragraphs:
- Short-Term & Long Term Memory
- Discuss the roles of short-term memory and long-term memory?
- Based on what you have learned about encoding, storage, and retrieval in short-term and long-term memory, how can you use this information to improve your study habits?
- Discuss applications of both types of memory to help you understand and/or improve your study habits.
- What role does attention play in memory?
- Discuss the role of distraction in your studying. What are your greatest distractions (Are they internal or external to you?) What can you do to increase attention and decrease distraction?
- How can you increase motivation to maintain attention? Consider short term and long term ways to encourage motivation (reinforcers/rewards) when studying.
- Examine biological and environmental factors associated with forgetting.
- How can you use this information to decrease the likelihood of forgetting?
- Conclusion Paragraph
- Considering what you have learned about learning theories, motivation and memory, how can you use this information to modify your own study habit behaviors?
Requirements: Length = approximately 2-3 pages.
The post Assignment Wizard appeared first on Essay Mine.
Welcome to originalessaywriters.com, our friendly and experienced essay writes are available 24/7 to answer all your questions. We offer high-quality academic essays written from scratch to guarantee top grades to all students. All our papers are 100% plagiarism-free and come with a plagiarism report, upon request
Find a tutor to help you with your papers!