Choosing an appropriate measurement tool requires consideration of a number of different issues including reliability, validity, appropriateness for use with a specific group or culture, availability, and potential cost. Sometimes, social workers will attempt to create their own set of questions to tap into or measure a concept. This may appear to be an easy thing to do; however, writing questions to measure a phenomenon is more challenging than it would seem. For example, how do we know it measures what we want it to measure? In the first discussion this week, you will have the opportunity to create your own questions to measure a phenomenon of your interest. In the second discussion, you will compare the measure you created with an existing instrument that measures the same phenomenon.
To prepare: Choose one phenomenon or issue that a client may be dealing with (for example, depression, anxiety, or family conflict). Consider how you would evaluate the client’s progress in this area. Create questions with response options that would capture this phenomenon or client issue.
• Identify the phenomenon you would measure and explain how you conceptualize this phenomenon.
• Provide at least 3 questions you would use to measure this phenomenon and explain how these questions operationalize the phenomenon.
• Define reliability in 2-3 sentences and give one example of how you would establish reliability for the questions you created.
• Define validity in 2-3 sentences and give one example of how you would establish validity for the questions you created.
• Create a measurement plan to assess the phenomenon.
o Describe the methodology you would use to collect data using your measurement tool (your method for acquiring this research data).
o Explain the advantages and disadvantages of your choices.
Welcome to originalessaywriters.com, our friendly and experienced essay writers are available 24/7 to complete all your assignments. We offer high-quality academic essays written from scratch to guarantee top grades to all students. All our papers are 100% plagiarism-free and come with a plagiarism report, upon request
Tell Us “Write Essay for Me” and Relax!