Course Project Overview
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Document a Small LAN
Document the design, configuration, and testing of a small LAN.
This is a team assignment. Teams may include two or three members of the class. The overall objective is to document the design, configuration, and testing of a small network (LAN).
Create a Word document that includes a network diagram, a set of configuration listings, a selection of diagnostic and discovery commands, and a short written summary answering the questions listed below. Be sure to verify spelling.
- Create a cover sheet to list the team members, the class, the instructor’s name, and the submission date. This is page one of your project.
- Use Visio to draw a small Local Area Network that consists of one router, two switches, and two PCs basically in this layout: PC1 – Switch1 – Router – Switch2 – PC2. Copy and paste your diagram on to the second page of your Word document.
- Beginning with page three, write out the full configuration of ALL of the devices in your network to include two IPv4 subnets with the appropriate IP addresses, subnet masks, default gateways, and VLAN1 addresses. Include names for the devices and provide secure passwords at all levels of the network appliances. Include SSH on the router.
- On a new, separate page, write out the full command line syntax to (1) save the configurations; (2) verify connectivity from one PC through the network to the other PC (use two different commands to do this); (3) display the saved configuration of the devices; and (4) display the routing table.
- On your last page, answer the following: What part of this project was the most difficult and why? Do you feel more confident in your ability to actually build this kind of a network having completed this project? Why or why not?
Category Points % Description
Diagram 20 20 Visio diagram pasted into a Word document
Configurations and Commands 60 60 Configuration scripts for each device with additional diagnostic and discovery commands as specified
Question Responses 10 10 Short answer responses to the provided questions
Quality Work/Overall Appearance 10 10 Professional look and feel
Total 100 100 A quality paper will meet or exceed all of the above requirements.
- Do not procrastinate putting this project together. Give yourselves enough time to try out some ideas and get consensus as a team. Seek help by doing some research on your own and by reaching out to your classmates and to your Instructor. Work at it until you arrive at a solution. Divide the workload in this project by assigning each member of the team part of this project. That said, the configurations and commands requirements should be shared by all. Double-check each others’ contributions.
Please click on the “PURCHASE” link below to get “NETW202 Course Project Document a Small LAN A+ Solution”.
For instant digital download of the above solution or tutorial, please click on the below link and make an instant purchase. You will be guided to the PAYPAL Standard payment page wherein you can pay and you will receive an email immediately with a download link.
In case you find any problem in getting the download link or downloading the tutorial, please send us an email on email@example.com.
Added to cart
Welcome to originalessaywriters.com, our friendly and experienced essay writes are available 24/7 to answer all your questions. We offer high-quality academic essays written from scratch to guarantee top grades to all students. All our papers are 100% plagiarism-free and come with a plagiarism report, upon request
Find a tutor to help you with your papers!